Friday, September 7, 2012

Competent Communication

The most competent communicator I know is my son's special education teacher. She is so articulate and explains everything down to the last detail. She is so inspirational that when she speaks I am actually in awe of how smart she is. I recently attended my son's IEP meeting and she led the meeting and she was so excited about all the progress my son has made and was telling all these stories about him. She explained all the District wide and state wide tests they will be taking this year, including all the supports and breaks he will have during the tests. She was so articulate about every detail and explained all the rules of the tests and she wanted to make sure I understand. I feel so lucky that my son has such an amazing teacher, it is truly inspiration when I see the positive impact she has on my son's behavior, I feel so lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shira, that is great your son’s teacher is an excellent communicator. I wish all teachers could be a skilled communicator. When dealing with children and their progress, it important to articulate to the parent how well their child is doing. How well the teacher communicates, can contribute to the outcomes of the child’s future.

    Thanks for Sharing!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shria,
    I have heard so many stories from parents who were intimated and confused through the IEP process. I think that it's wonderful that you had a positive experience. How refreshing it is to have a skillful, intelligent communicator. It's better than the alternative: someone who can speak well, but has no idea what to say, or someone who is brilliant and can't communicate it to anyone else. I hope to be a part of the group your son's teacher is in!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete