Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Time is so precious, and it passes so quickly. The one thing that really draws me to children is their ability to live in the present. They are discovering the world for the first time, and it is through watching their eyes and the wonder and awe and excitement that they experience when they make a new discovery. It is so hard as a "grown-up" not to always worry about the future and the bills and so many little things, but I think in order to truly be happy and live a fulfilling life we have to be able to enjoy the present moment and become like a child. Most of the best early childcare educators that I met always had a child-like quality themselves and could easily enter a world of imagination and connect with the children on their level.

3 comments:

  1. Shira,

    First off, I would like to thank you for sharing your personal experiences with all of us. I know that is not easy, but it has brought the reality of specific issues in the field in to focus for me. You such a positive outlook on early childhood development, and it shines through each discussion and blog post. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts, and I am so excited that we are working towards the same concentration in the field. Thank you so much for your thought-felt words and support that you have provided me throughout the course!!! I was really nervous about starting the course because I did not have any professional experience within the early childhood field, but your encouragement really helped me. I wish you the best throughout the program; however, I know that you will not only succeed as a student, but as a professional as well!!! I would love to remain in touch!!!
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shira,
    Let me begin by expressing my thanks for your support throughout this course and to let you know that when I read your blog postings and discussion comments I sense a calm and delightful spirit. It is no wonder I picture you as a great professional educator but also the ideal role model for other children as well as your own. Your post is very encouraging to read. Often times I think “I’m always a kid at heart”. I wish you well in all of your studies and professional development.
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shira,
    It has been a pleasure being in class with you. Your gentle spirit, zest for learning more about the early childhood field and increasing your knowledge base will carry you in the direction you seek to go. Thank you for all the support that you have given me these last eight weeks. I wish you the best as you work on your masters degree!

    Shelley Underhill

    ReplyDelete